Voluntary Alignment Form
Choosing Your Primary Clinician
Primary Care Physician
How to Choose Your Primary Clinician
- Go to MyMedicare.gov and log into your account.
- At the top of the home page, place your cursor on My Providers & Services, and select Favorite Providers from the dropdown menu.
- Select the box labeled Add a Favorite Provider.
- Under the main header, Find & compare doctors, hospitals & other providers near you, type the primary clinician’s zip code (if not already indicated), select the Provider Type (i.e., Doctors & Clinicians) from the drop-down menu, and enter the first and last name of your primary clinician. Your primary clinician may appear in a drop-down menu or display after selecting search. Click on your primary clinician.
- Once the details about your clinician display, make sure the details match those of your primary clinician. If so, click Add to Favorites on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select Make this my primary clinician in my favorites and select the correct address for the clinician (if more than one is displayed). Then click Add to Favorites.
- A confirmation page will appear telling you You’ve added a provider to your favorites list! and you will have the choice to Keep Browsing or to View My Favorite Providers.
- At end of session, be sure to click Account at the top of the page and log out of your account.